Pennsylvania and Lebanon Area Fair Equine Animals Requirements:
1. A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued after May 1st is required. Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) test results and date of the test must be included on the CVI.
2. All animals must be free of infectious and contagious diseases and a statement of this is required on the CVI (the statement is pre-printed on the CVI). Animals appearing unhealthy upon arrival may not enter the exhibition grounds.
3. An Animal Owner or Caretaker’s Verification of Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR) statement for the animals being exhibited is included on the Fair registration form. It must be signed by the exhibitor.
4. All equine animals must have tested negative for EIA by an official test within the 12 months prior to the opening date of the exhibition. A copy of the official test results must accompany each animal to its final destination. Foals less than 6 months of age accompanied by a dam which meets the above requirements are exempt from EIA testing requirements. If the foal is not accompanied by the dam, a copy of the dam’s test results must accompany the foal to its final destination.
5. A current rabies vaccination administered by a licensed veterinarian is required for animals 3 months of age and older. All vaccine label direc-tions must be followed, and all rabies vaccinated equine animals must be accompanied by a rabies vaccination certificate, the certificate must contain legible name and contact information of the veterinarian who administered the vaccine and the veterinarian’s signature. A copy of the rabies vaccination certificate is acceptable.
Alice Jones, Chairperson—717-867-1924
Open Horse Show-Tuesday, July 25
1. All horses must meet the PA Dept. of Agriculture health requirements.
2. All riders must be at least 8 years old, and fill out an Acknowledgement of Risk form.
3. Class size may be limited due to time constraints. The show committee reserves the right to cancel and/or combine classes.
4. Approved helmets are required for all riders age 18 and under.
5. Horses must be under control until gate is closed going into the ring, and gate will remain closed until the horse is under control going out.
6. Entry fee will be $12 per class.
7. Ribbons will be awarded for the 1st-6th place per class.
8. Premium payments per class will be a percentage of the total entry fees for that class as follows:
1st Place– 50%, 2nd Place– 25%, 3rd Place– 10%, 4th Place– 5%
9. Entry forms and Acknowledgement of Risk forms will be available in the Fair Office or at www.lebanonareafair.com. Fair Horse Show Risk Forms
10. The Stick Pony Race can be entered by kids 4-10 years old. Entry Fee is $5, which includes making a stick pony that night, competing, and taking home your pony.
11. Special JACKPOT Class– Class 15 will be a special Barrel Race Class. Entry fee will be $25– cash only, the night of the show. First place winner will take home 50% of the entry fees, second place takes home 30%, and third place takes home 20%.
01. Beginner Walk-Jog
02. Western Pleasure
03. Western Horsemanship
04. Beginner Walk-Trot
05. English Pleasure
06. English Equitation
07. Break N Out
08. Egg and Spoon
09. Stick Pony Race
10. Pole Bending
12. Raised Box Keyhole
13. Flag Race
14. Barrel Race
15. Jackpot Class