Tractor Driving Contest– Wednesday, July 27– 9 a.m.
Tractor Driving Contest Rules
1. All contestants must sign a release and those under 16 years of age must have a parent sign the release and be accompanied by a parent at contest time.
2. Tractor and implements will be provided for contestants to use.
3. The contest’s objective is to demonstrate skillful practices and emphasize the safe operation & handling of a farm tractor.
4. Applicants must be members of a 4-H club or FFA chapter and be residents of Lebanon County. All contestants must have reached their 14th birthday and FFA members must not have graduated by the opening of Fair. Contestants must be in a position to show that they are experienced tractor operators.
5. Contestants will be scored on a fault points system. The contestant with the lowest score wins. Time will be used to eliminate tie scores.
6. Tractor driving contest rules approved by the Pennsylvania State University will be followed.
7. No contestant may enter both contests and each FFA chapter may have only three contestants.
8. Work shoes are required. Students wearing sneakers or open toed shoes will not be permitted to compete on the driving course.
9. Only members with previous tractor driving experience will be permitted to compete in the event. (On farm experience is acceptable.)
Premiums: 1st-$35.00; 2nd-$30.00; 3rd-$25.00; 4th-$20.00; All Others Worthy-$5.00
ENTRY FEE: $3.50