Sue Werner, Chairperson– 717-865-5727
BEES, HONEY, AND WAX
1. Class is to be judged on uniformity of color, bees, presence of queen, brood and honey, cleanliness and appearance of observation hive.
2. Comb honey is to be judged on perfection in filling, capping uniformity, neatness and cleanliness of section.
3. Extracted honey is to be judged on body, clarity and cleanliness.
4. Beeswax is to be judged on color and purity.
5. Do not put your name on any labels.
01. Honey Light comb, three sections
02. Dark comb, three sections
03. Light extracted honey– three one pound jars
04. Amber extracted honey– three one pound jars
05. Dark amber extracted honey– three one pound jars
06. Finely crystallized honey– three one pound jars
07. Beeswax– single piece, not less than 1 pound
08. Beeswax– Candles, one pair
Premiums: 1st-$5.00; 2nd-$4.00; 3rd-$3.00; 4th-$2.00; 5th-$1.00
ENTRY FEE: $.50
09. Collective exhibit of honey, wax, honey products and bees
10. Bees, any race– one frame observation hive
Premiums: 1st-$10.00; 2nd-$8.00; 3rd-$6.00; 4th-$4.00; 5th-$2.00
ENTRY FEE: $1.00
1. Honey for cooking contest may be purchased.
2. All honey baked goods must include honey as an ingredient and must be made by the exhibitor.
3. Baked goods must be entered on a disposable plate and wrapped in clear plastic.
1. Candy (1/2 pound or 1/2 dozen)
2. Cake-not iced
3. Cookies, Bars, Brownies (3 on a plate)
4. Quick Bread (1 loaf)
5. Muffins (3 in plastic bag)
Premiums: 1st-$8.00; 2nd-$6.00; 3rd-$4.00; 4th-$2.00 ENTRY FEE: $.80