The Lebanon Area Fair & BBQ Scholarships are supported by the annual silent auction, BBQ ticket sales, quilt block auction, 5k run, and car show.
Three different scholarship programs announce their recipients at the Lebanon Area Fair: Harold O. Gingrich Memorial Scholarship, Katie Eckert Memorial Scholarship and the Lebanon Area Fair Scholarships. Eligibility and application forms follow:
Lebanon Area Fair & BBQ Scholarships
1. Must be a graduate of a high school or vocational school, have GED or home school diploma/certificate.
2. Applicant must have been accepted for admission by an accredited two or four year educational or vocational institu- tion.
3. Primary Emphasis– Applicant must have demonstrated scholarship ability, leadership qualities, and involvement in student or community activities, with an emphasis on the Lebanon Area Fair.
4. Scholarships are open to any individual that has exhibited at the Lebanon Area Fair in competition, anytime between 2010 and 2016.
5. AN INDIVIDUAL CAN RECEIVE A SCHOLARSHIP ONLY ONE TIME.
1. To apply, you must complete the application form, submit a high school transcript or a college transcript (if in college) and return to Lorraine Royer, 895 Royer Lane, Lebanon, PA 17042. Applications are to be received by July 3, 2014. Any questions call Lorraine Royer at 717-867-1021.
2. The Scholarship Committee will make their decisions before the 2016 Fair. The winner or winners will be notified immediately. The number of awards will be determined each year.
3. These awards are for one year only and non-recipients are urged to apply in succeeding years.
4. All scholarships will be awarded during the Fair Queen Contest at the Fair.
5. Applications can be picked up at Fair Office, Extension Office, or at www.lebanonareafair.com.
**Silent Auction to benefit Scholarship Fund will be held in Center Hall from Saturday to Thursday. All proceeds will be placed in Scholarship Fund for future awards.**
**Two of the $1,000 awards are from BBQ ticket sales!**
Harold O. Gingrich Memorial Scholarship
Full details and application are available at Fair Office. Click here to download the application package.
1. This $1,000.00 scholarship is available to any Lebanon County Youth currently enrolled in a Lebanon County 4-H or FFA program with rabbits, poultry, or livestock as their project.
2. This scholarship was established in 2008 to honor the memory of Harold O. Gingrich.
3. This scholarship will be awarded each year at the Lebanon Area Fair.
4. Applications should be returned to Gingrich Animal Supply, Attention: Scholarship Commit-tee, 25 Gingrich Lane, Fredericksburg, PA 17026.
Katie Eckert Memorial Scholarship
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Msgr. John W. Mignot/PSACF Scholarship Program
The Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs (PSACF) is giving away six (6) $1,000.00 scholarships in memory of Msgr. John W. Mignot.
1. Must be a Pennsylvania resident.
2. Currently (or had been previously) active for at least two (2) years in a fair that is a member of PSACF.
3. Must have plans to attend a college or other type of higher learning institution the Fall semester of the current year.
4. Applicant can submit only one application per year.
5. Applicant can receive this award only one time.
1. To apply, you must complete the application form online at www.pafairs.org, submit a high school transcript or a college transcript (if in college), and two letters of recommendation and return to Sue Werner, 897 N. Lancaster St., Jonestown, PA 17038.
2. Applications are due by June 30, 2016. Any questions call Sue at 717-865-5727.
3. The PSACF Scholarship Committee will make their decisions by September 30. Winners will be notified by their sponsoring fair.
4. These awards are for one year only and non-recipients are urged to apply in succeeding years.
5. Scholarship checks will be mailed for use in the second semester. Checks will not be mailed until the PSACF Scholarship Committee Chairperson receives a transcript of the first semester.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
Academic Achievements (High School / College) 20%
Fair Participation 30%
Fair Endorsement 10%
Additional Support Info & Other Endorsements 5%