Ellen Anderson, Chairperson—717-964-3168
Division 1: Wool Fleece
Wool Fleece Rules
1. Fleeces must have been shorn since the previous Fair.
2. Each fleece must be clean, free of chaff, burrs, manure tags and second cuts. Fleeces should be neatly rolled, not tied, and placed in a clear plastic bag that is neither too large nor too small to contain it comfortably. (Clear plastic garbage bags are often available at office supply chains or Sam’s Club.)
*A 3×5 index card should be included in each bag with the following information: Division____________ Class Number _____________
Breed of Sheep__________________________________ Coated (circle one) Yes No
3. Fleeces are NOT to be washed.
4. Fleeces must be entered in the name of the actual owner of the sheep that the fleece was shorn.
5. Exhibitors may enter as many classes as they wish, but each fleece may only be entered in one class. One entry per class per exhibitor.
6. All fleeces will be judged on suitability for hand spinning and also judged on proper fleece for a specific breed.
7. Entries are permitted from any county in Pennsylvania.
White Fleece Classes:
04. Primitive/Double Coated
Naturally Colored Fleece Classes:
08. Primitive/Double Coated
Fine– Rambouillet, Cormo, Merino
Medium– Corriedale, Columbia, Tunis, Montadale, Romeldale, Cheviot, etc.
Long– Romney, Cotswold, Lincoln, Coopworth, Border Leichester, Leichester Longwool, Wenslydale, etc.
Primitive/Double Coated– Shetland, Jacob, Icelandic, Karakul, Navajo-Churro, Scotish Blackface, etc.
Premiums: 1st-$10.00; 2nd-$8.00; 3rd-$7.00
ENTRY FEE: $1.00